Having access to your Apple account is crucial for using your Apple devices and services. If you ever get locked out of your account, you’ll need to go through the account recovery process to regain access. Checking on the status of your account recovery request lets you know whether Apple has approved it yet. Here’s what you need to know about checking your Apple account recovery status.
Why Check Recovery Status?
There are a few key reasons to check the status of your Apple account recovery request:
- See if Apple has approved your request yet – The recovery process can take time as Apple reviews your info. Checking status lets you know right away once approved.
- Get an update if it’s still pending – If you don’t see an approval yet, checking status tells you it’s still in progress.
- Take further action if needed – If for some reason your request is denied, you can submit an appeal or start a new request.
Basically, checking your recovery status gives you visibility into where things stand in the process so you can plan accordingly.
How to Check Recovery Status
Checking your Apple account recovery status is simple and can be done right from your computer or mobile device:
On a Computer
- Go to the Apple ID account recovery webpage at https://iforgot.apple.com.
- Enter the Apple ID email address you used for your recovery request.
- Select Continue.
- On the next page, click “Get Status Update.”
- You’ll now see the current status of your account recovery request.
On an iOS Device
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on your name at the top of the page.
- Select “Password & Security.”
- Choose “Account Recovery.”
- You’ll then see the status of your recovery request.
- Download the Apple Support app from the Play Store.
- Open the app and select Sign In.
- Enter your Apple ID email address.
- Tap on your profile icon in the top-right corner.
- Choose “Account Recovery” to view your status.
Once you check your recovery status, here are the different messages you may see and what they indicate:
- In Progress – Your request is still being reviewed by Apple and a decision has not been made yet.
- Approved – Your request has been accepted and you should now be able to access your account again.
- Denied – Your request was turned down and your account is still inaccessible. You’ll need to start a new recovery request or file an appeal.
- Expired – You did not complete the recovery process within the validity period of the temporary access Apple granted. A new request is needed.
The ideal status is seeing that your request has been approved. This means you’re cleared to access your account again through normal means like your password or two-factor authentication.
What If My Request is Denied?
Getting your recovery request denied can be frustrating, but don’t panic. There are still a few options:
- Appeal the Denial – Apple provides an appeals process that will have their team take another look at your request.
- Contact Apple Support – Reach out to customer service for personalized help troubleshooting and potentially expediting your request.
- Submit New Request – Sometimes starting a fresh recovery request is needed if too much time has passed.
As long as you provide legitimate details proving you’re the account owner, an approved request typically just takes patience and persistence through this process.
Protect Account After Recovery
Once you regain access to your Apple account, be sure to take steps to secure it for the future:
- Reset Password – Change your password to something completely new that only you know.
- Turn on Two-Factor Authentication – Add another layer of security through SMS or authenticator app verification.
- Remove Suspicious Devices – Check your devices list and remove anything unfamiliar that could signal unauthorized access.
- Change Security Questions – Update your security questions and answers in case you ever need to recover again.
Taking preventive measures allows you to rest easier knowing your account is safe even if you forget your password down the road.
Checking your Apple account recovery status is a quick and simple process. By using the Apple ID account recovery website, iOS settings, or Apple Support app, you can view the current state of your request. This lets you know right away once approved so you can access your account again. If your request gets denied, appealing, contacting Apple Support, or starting over are your next best steps. With patience and diligence, you can get your account recovered successfully.