iCloud provides easy access to all your photos, videos, documents and more across your Apple devices. Any photos or videos you take on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch are automatically uploaded and stored in iCloud, so you can access them from any device signed into your iCloud account.
Where are my iCloud backup videos stored?
All your iCloud backup videos are stored in the cloud on Apple’s servers, not on your device’s local storage. You can access these videos from the Photos app on any iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or Windows PC signed into your iCloud account.
How to find iCloud backup videos on iPhone/iPad
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap on the Albums tab at the bottom.
3. Scroll down and tap on the All Photos album. This contains all photos and videos synced from iCloud.
4. To only see videos, tap on the Media Types button at the top and select Videos.
5. Browse through the videos here to find your iCloud backup videos.
6. Tap on a video to play it.
7. You can also search for videos using the search bar at the top.
How to find iCloud backup videos on Mac
1. Open the Photos app on your Mac.
2. Click on Photos in the sidebar.
3. Select the All Photos album under the Albums section.
4. Click on the Media Types button at the top toolbar.
5. Choose Videos to only view videos.
6. Browse or search for videos here.
7. Double click a video to play it.
How to find iCloud backup videos on Windows PC
1. Install and open the iCloud app for Windows.
2. Click on Photos.
3. Select the All Photos album.
4. Click on the Media Types menu at the top.
5. Choose Videos.
6. Browse through the videos to find your iCloud backups.
7. Double click a video to play it.
How to download iCloud backup videos to your device
If you want to save iCloud backup videos to your device for offline viewing, follow these steps:
1. Open the Photos app and find the video you want to download.
2. Tap on the Share button below the video.
3. Scroll down and tap on Save Video.
4. The video will now be saved to your device’s local storage.
1. Right click on the video and choose Export.
2. Choose Export Unmodified Original.
3. Select a location to save the video and click Save.
1. Right click on the video and select Save Video As.
2. Choose a folder location and click Save.
How to recover deleted iCloud backup videos
If you accidentally delete an important video from iCloud, you may be able to recover it from recently deleted:
1. Open Photos and tap on Albums.
2. Scroll down and tap on Recently Deleted.
3. Find your deleted video here.
4. Tap on the video, then tap Recover to restore it.
1. In Photos, click Albums then Recently Deleted.
2. Right click on your deleted video.
3. Choose Recover to restore the video.
How long are videos stored in iCloud?
iCloud provides free 5GB storage for your photos and videos. Once you exceed this limit, older items will be deleted starting with those not recently accessed.
You can purchase additional iCloud storage to backup more videos:
|iCloud Storage Plan||Price per Month|
With a paid iCloud plan, your videos can be stored indefinitely until you reach your storage limit.
How to download all iCloud videos at once
Instead of manually saving each video, you can use these steps to export all your iCloud videos at one time:
1. Open Photos and click File > Export > Export Unmodified Originals.
2. Select the folder Videos under the iCloud Photos section.
3. Click Export.
4. Choose a folder to save the exported videos.
1. Right click on the Videos folder under Albums.
2. Select Export Unmodified Originals.
3. Choose a folder location and click Select Folder.
All your iCloud videos will be exported to the selected folder on your computer.
If you can’t access your iCloud videos, try these troubleshooting steps:
- Check if your device is connected to the internet.
- Make sure you’re signed in with the correct Apple ID that has iCloud Photos enabled.
- Restart your device and reopen Photos.
- Update your device’s OS to the latest version.
- Disable then re-enable iCloud Photos.
- Check if you have enough iCloud storage space for your videos.
- Contact Apple support if the issue persists.
Finding your iCloud backup videos is easy across iPhone, iPad, Mac and Windows. Simply open the Photos app, go to the All Photos or Videos album, then browse or search to access your videos. You can also download videos for offline viewing or recover recently deleted videos.
With an affordable iCloud storage plan, you can securely store your videos long-term. Be sure to regularly backup your videos to avoid losing precious memories and moments forever.