Accidentally deleting videos from your iPhone can be frustrating, especially if they are important memories that you wanted to keep. The good news is that even if you delete a video from the Photos app on your iPhone, there are still ways to potentially recover those deleted videos.
Can you recover recently deleted videos on iPhone?
Yes, it is possible to recover recently deleted videos on an iPhone in many cases. When you delete a video from the Photos app on your iPhone, it is moved to the Recently Deleted album where it will stay for 30 days. As long as the video hasn’t been in Recently Deleted for over 30 days, you can recover it by going to Recently Deleted and restoring the video back to your Camera Roll.
How to recover permanently deleted videos on iPhone?
If the video has been deleted from your iPhone’s Recently Deleted album and is now permanently deleted, recovering the video becomes more difficult but is still possible in many cases. Here are some ways to try recovering permanently deleted videos on iPhone:
- Restore from iCloud backup – If you have iCloud backups enabled, you may be able to restore a previous backup where the video still exists.
- Use data recovery software – Specialized third-party software like Tenorshare UltData can scan your iPhone and recover deleted videos.
- Restore from iTunes/Finder backup – If you regularly sync your iPhone to iTunes or Finder, restoring from a previous backup may retrieve lost videos.
- Contact Apple Support – In some cases, Apple may be able to help recover deleted data from an iPhone, but there is no guarantee.
How to recover deleted videos from Recently Deleted on iPhone?
Here are the steps to follow to recover a recently deleted video from the Recently Deleted album on your iPhone:
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- At the bottom, tap on the Albums tab.
- Scroll down and tap on Recently Deleted.
- Locate the video you want to recover.
- Tap on the video thumbnail to open it.
- In the bottom left, tap Recover.
The video will now be restored from Recently Deleted back to your Camera Roll or other albums. Remember, recovered videos will only stay in Recently Deleted for up to 30 days total before being permanently deleted.
How to recover permanently deleted videos using iCloud backup?
If you have an iCloud backup that contains the deleted video you want to recover, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
- Tap on Manage Storage > Backups.
- Select the desired backup that contains the deleted video.
- Tap on Restore to Device.
Your iPhone data including settings, photos, videos, etc. will be restored to the state when the iCloud backup was created. Make sure the backup is fairly recent to increase chances the video exists.
How to use iPhone data recovery software?
Using third-party iPhone data recovery software is one of the most effective ways to recover deleted videos from your iPhone. Here is an overview of the process:
- Download and install the data recovery software on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a cable.
- Select the types of data to scan for (videos, photos, etc).
- Allow the software to scan your device for deleted data.
- Preview and select the deleted videos you wish to recover.
- Specify a save location on your computer.
- Recover the deleted videos to your computer.
Some of the top-rated iPhone video recovery software includes Tenorshare UltData, iMyFone D-Back, and EaseUS MobiSaver. Make sure to research different software options as features and capabilities can vary.
Tips for recovering deleted iPhone videos
Here are some useful tips to keep in mind when trying to recover deleted videos on your iPhone:
- Act quickly – The sooner you try to recover a deleted video, the better chance you have of getting it back.
- Avoid overwriting data – Don’t save new videos, photos, etc to your iPhone’s storage or you risk overwriting the deleted file.
- Backup regularly – Consistent backups via iCloud or iTunes ensures you have multiple restore points to choose from.
- Close other apps – When scanning your iPhone, close all other apps and limit device usage to improve recovery success.
- Stay patient – iPhone data recovery can take some time depending on the scan and the amount of data on your device.
Can you recover deleted videos without backup?
It is possible in many cases to recover deleted iPhone videos without a backup using data recovery software. Even if you don’t have an iCloud or iTunes backup, the deleted data still exists on your device until it gets overwritten by new data. Data recovery software can scan the iPhone thoroughly and pull deleted files from its storage for recovery.
However, having a backup provides an additional restore point to retrieve deleted videos. So while backups are not strictly required, they can certainly help improve your chances if you ever need to recover lost data from your iPhone.
While accidentally deleting videos from your iPhone can be upsetting, there are options to try recovering them such as using Recently Deleted, restoring from backup, or using data recovery software. The sooner you act after deletion and avoid overwriting the storage, the better your chances of video recovery success. Regularly backing up your iPhone is also recommended to provide additional restore points if needed. With the right tools and techniques, you have a good chance of being able to get back lost iPhone videos.