Recovering a deleted photo album on Facebook can be tricky, but it is possible in some cases. Here are some tips on how to try and get your deleted albums back.
Check the Trash
When you delete an album on Facebook, it gets moved to the Trash folder for 30 days before being permanently deleted. To access the Trash:
- Go to your profile page and click on the Photos tab
- In the left sidebar, click on the Albums link
- At the top of your albums list, click on the Trash folder
Look through the Trash folder to see if your deleted album is in there. If it is, you can restore it by clicking on the album and then clicking “Restore” at the top.
Use a Third Party App
If your deleted album is no longer in the Trash, you may be able to recover it using a third party app. Some apps that can find and restore deleted Facebook albums include:
- Stellar Photo Recovery
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
These apps scan your hard drive and memory cards to find files that have been deleted. Follow the instructions for the app to see if it can locate your missing Facebook album.
Check Your Archived Albums
Instead of deleting an album entirely, did you perhaps archive it instead? Archiving removes the album from your profile view but does not delete it.
To see your archived albums:
- Go to your profile and click Photos
- Click Albums in the left sidebar
- Click on the Archived folder
Browse your archived albums to see if the one you are looking for is in there. You can restore archived albums to make them visible on your profile again.
If you cannot locate the deleted album through any of these methods, you can try directly contacting Facebook as a last resort:
- Go to Facebook’s Help Center
- Click on the Contact Us link
- Choose the category “Photos and Videos”
- Explain your situation and request if the album can be restored
Keep in mind that Facebook is under no obligation to restore your deleted content, but it’s worth a shot asking them directly if you’ve run out of other options.
Prevent Future Album Deletion
To avoid going through this again in the future, be more careful about what albums you delete. Consider these tips:
- Double check before permanently deleting an album
- Archive albums instead of deleting if you might want them later
- Back up your albums externally in case they get deleted from Facebook
- Enable two-factor authentication for extra security
Having backups and being cautious about what you delete will help ensure your albums remain safe.
Recovering a deleted Facebook album is difficult but sometimes possible. Check the trash, try data recovery apps, look for archived albums, and contact Facebook support if needed. Enable backups and be cautious when deleting albums to avoid this situation in the first place.
|Check Trash||Deleted albums go to trash for 30 days|
|Use Recovery App||Apps can scan for deleted files|
|Check Archives||See if album was archived instead|
|Contact Facebook||Ask for help restoring album as last resort|
- Be cautious when deleting albums
- Archive instead of delete if unsure
- Back up albums externally
- Enable two-factor authentication